Friday, August 13, 2010

Nine Months

P1050938Our little man hit 9 months on Monday. We had a visit with the pediatrician and got the stats: Height—29 inches (75th %), Weight—17.5lbs (5th%), Head Circumference—46cm (70th%). Tall, with a big noggin, and a skinny body! He is still getting more active. And really wiggly. I’ve heard that little boys are generally more mobile than girls, but that girls can talk and communicate earlier. Is that true? Who knows, but I do know that during the past month, within a 2 week period, Emerson:

-Began getting up on all fours

- Crawling

- Pulling himself up onto furniture

- Climbing up our stairs on hands/knees

-Cruising across our rooms holding onto furniture, cabinets, or whatever he can grasp

Panic has set in. Mainly I’m worried that our house will never be childproof enough. We are looking into some gates that screw into the wall. They are really unattractive, but I should probably overlook that for E’s safety.

Emerson’s recent favorite activities include: opening dresser drawers and pulling out all the clothes, opening our kitchen and bathroom cabinets and pulling everything out, and climbing up the stairs and then falling down them. I sweat most days just trying to keep up with him (not joking). On the plus side, he is so much fun. Like hilariously fun. He squeals and laughs and talks (ba-ba and ma-ma are his words of choice, or really his only words). Sometimes I still wish he’d cuddle up to me for even a minute. Sometimes I pick him up at night just before I go to bed so I can hold him for a minute while he sleeps. I’m hoping to subconsciously get him to love hugging his mom. Today he fell asleep in the car on the way home from the pool and I loved carrying him up to bed; he is so calm when he’s asleep.

P1050875

P1050844

P1060339P1060370

IMG_0098[4]

P1050913

I have little toy baskets/stations set up around the house so he can play by himself wherever we are.P1050861

As you can imagine, he just loves to sit still for 3 hour baseball games. We passed him around between us and our friends, but still had to leave early… P1050857

P1050851

P1060080

He goes crazy in the water—pool or bathtub. All us moms usually sit in the shallow area with our babes and he continually splashes all of us, then squeals. It’s so funny.photo

P1060115

He’s learned what waving means, so we’re trying to get him to do it at the appropriate times now. But I think he just looks confused here.P1060287
He just loved meeting Jackie, Marianne, and Corrine at lunch. All the London girls love him; he’s a lucky boy.P1060282

P1060363[4]

The waiters must have loved us at this lunch… I think more food ended up on the ground then eaten. They did bring sliced bananas and bread for the kids though, which was great.
photo - Copy (2)

P1060280

This little crawler is fast.
P1060340

P1060342
Last August I was ballooning with a growing belly and from the summer heat. It’s nice to feel a little cooler this summer. I can’t believe this little guy is almost a year old. And now that I'm sitting here in a wet swimsuit, I will bring this marathon post to an end.

1 comment:

elise said...

E is a gansta with his backwards hat. And 17 lbs? Think about how lucky you are that he is still super light & easy to pick up with all that activity & moving around.

Big belly, hot, August... that sounds familiar...