On Friday morning he was a little nervous (the test is pass/fail), but called me right after the test to tell me his score--basically one of the highest scores ever recorded! I'm so proud of you hon. And I'm glad to have you back. On Saturday he was like, "I don't know what to do with my time. I feel so free!"

In other accomplishment news, Mitch and I have been looking for sales on a certain jogger stroller we love that works for car seats and jogging. Two weekends ago we found a mediocre jogger at the Sandy REI garage sale, but thought we'd hold off as it wasn't the one we wanted. This Saturday Mitch rolled out of bed early and made it up to the SLC REI sale with some of our friends. When he got home he asked me to come down and help him with something, and there in the entry was the stroller! He got it for half price.

And lastly, my best friend came to visit for the weekend! We had a great time catching up, chatting too late into the night, shopping and eating. From the second we met, Leanne and I became great friends. We are both pretty much always chatty, happy, and love life. We both even love rain ;) I think we could laugh about anything together. One of our friends said the other week: "Where did Shannon and Leanne meet? At the gym at 5am on Saturday or something? Those two have so much energy!" Haha. Maybe this is why we get asked if we're sisters, even though we look nothing alike. Here's to a great weekend with Aunt Lea!
10 comments:
Congratulations on the awesome purchase!! Way to go Mitch! I'm also so glad that his test is finished what a relief. You have such a smart husband!
I love that stroller! What brand is it? We were looking at Peg Peregos yesterday...they are so expensive! I haven't gained any weight, but am back to my starting weight. Haha! The bump is growing by the day!
That sounds just like how Jason was with his test (5+ hours/day for the last 4 months) & he says the exact same thing as Mitch every day - what I am supposed to do everyday after work?! I'm glad Mitch passed (&jealous that he found out instantly- even though Jason's was multiple choice, they don't tell you for 2 months).
I've been looking for a good jogging stroller! I'm hoping to find a really nice one at an equally nice price. As far as birthing classes go, I would definitely recommend taking one. We chose Lamaze because it was the only one that we had heard of. I've heard the Bradley Method is great as well. It all depends on whether or not you are planning to go natural. Do you know where you are going to deliver yet? Our class is through LDS hospital, and we LOVE it. We've learned so much, and feel like we know what to expect now. They go over everything from breathing techniques to actually showing you the epidural needle (yikes!).
What a relief that the test went so well. I'm glad to see you're starting to get all your baby gear! So fun. He's gonna be adorable & so much fun! I love seeing the baby bump pics, so keep up with that! I always thought it would be fun to do weekly pics, but I never did it! Maybe the next time around...
i saw mitch at the rei sale. it looked like a great stroller.
ok, i hear you on the bump growing through the course of the day's meals! it's so true! i'd always feel HUGE by nighttime. just in time to go to sleep. awesome. also, way to hold out for the stroller deal! good for you!
Beautiful girls, perfect stroller, amazing husband... what more can I say??
And yes, I will do my best to post soon. :) Love you!
I didn't know you were pregnant!!!!!!!! SOO EXCITING! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you!!! Little boys are so fun!!!
You know what's funny about Leanne...she seems to attract a lot of high-energy, go-getter type friends. Don't you think? I love that girl.
Also, we have the double Bob and I love, love, love it! I bought it over a year ago because my friend was able to get me a 40% discount. So Bryson's been cruising in that thing just waiting for baby sister to join him.
Congratulations on the baby boy, Shannon!
Post a Comment