
During this month:
-Our baby has become some kind of extreme athlete inside the womb. He is seriously jumping or kicking 18 hours a day! When I’m sleeping or at work it’s the most intense because I’m not moving around, but when I’m at the gym or out doing errands the movement seems to rock him to sleep a bit more. It’s so fun to feel him moving all the time, but my bladder is going crazy!!
-I learned from my mother-in-law that Mitch was a 9lb. baby! He was super long and skinny (not much has changed huh honey?), but super heavy! Not to mention I also weighed 9 lbs. so we are getting slightly scared that I will be delivering a monster child. Which leads to my next point:
-We had another ultrasound and we learned that baby boy is measuring 1 week ahead in weight. I am happy and yet a little scared about this. If it means I can deliver early, then it’s great news. But if it means I’ll deliver at a normal time with a huge child, then it’s slightly frightening.
-Also, at this ultrasound got to see our baby’s face! The doctor said the skin still hasn’t tightened, so he still looks like somewhat of a blob, but I love it. We love him already! I think he is adorable.

- We are really looking forward to our birthing class that starts next month.
-We have purchased our car seat and crib. I have been “testing out” the car seat by lifting it up and down the stairs. Mitch thinks I should put our 10lb. dumbbell in it. Might be an accurate weight for our newborn!
-I created a detailed spreadsheet of things to purchase for a newborn. This list is a combination from my sister’s expertise, several other friend’s suggestions, and several website lists I’ve found. I feel my list is a little better than the websites though, because I can update the costs and change needed quantities, prioritize the importance of each item, and list notes for each thing. I keep hearing that you can never plan for everything with the baby, but I'd like to get as much ready as I can before he comes. Love planning and love Excel.

-I cannot stop reading about baby things—newborn care, gear, clothing, winter babies, doctor visits, etc. I think you become slightly obsessive about this when it’s your first time. Though I’ve always felt great taking care of my sister’s 4 kids and babysitting my friends’ kids, I suddenly feel like I know nothing. Help.
-My water intake has increased exponentially—even from last month’s camel status. I cannot stop drinking. Probably because the baby is doing aerobics in my stomach and needs replenishment.
-I have only gained 2 more lbs. and my doctor tells me I’m doing awesome on my protein diet. She was so proud of me because she says most pregnant women don’t listen to her (who wouldn’t?!). I’ve also kept working out at least 3 times a week and it feels really good (though I do get some stares at the gym; my stomach is almost hitting the screen on the elliptical!). I’m hoping I can keep my arms and legs in shape, to limit excessive weight gain to the stomach area. This area obviously has no hope!
-I’ve been getting Braxton-Hicks contractions—several times a week at night. It’s been helpful for me to learn how they feel and try to calm my body down through breathing.
-If the baby starts to kick too much, all I need to do is sway, shake my leg, jump, or rock in a chair and he calms down. Oddly, he also gets really calm when Mitch is hammering or drilling something, or if we are watching action movies! We watched The Bourne Identity last weekend—pretty loud—and he was really calm. He seemed to be loving it.
He is seriously going to be the most active newborn alive. I am a little scared about this, combined with the huge baby weight thing.
18 comments:
Ahh! That is all so exciting. He'll be here before you know it. :) I just can't wait to see him (and maybe spoil him with a fun new outfit or something?? Yes please!) PS. Katelyn was wearing the cute dress you gave her for church today. I love it and wish I had one that matched!!
You are so awesome. I love how diligent you are in doing what the doctor asks, and your excel spreadsheet.
Your talk today, by the way, was amazing. I did my visiting teaching directly after church, thanks to your inspiring words. You are amazing.
To be honest, I actually like a baby that has a little weight on it. They don't feel so fragile. Tyler was 8 lbs 6 oz., and I'm thanking my starts he wasn't as big as Steve (yes, he was 10 lbs. 12 oz!)
You are looking fantastic. Great job on the diet and exercise! All of that will pay off after he is born.
And I know what you mean about moving...she is keeping me up at night now! Again, good practice for when they are here.
You are amazing! Im so glad that you are keeping to the diet like the doctor said to! Keep exercising no matter how awkward it feels! I owe my quick recovery with Ethan to the exercise I did before he was born. I'm a believer! I'm totally like a camel as well! I cant drink enough water... I seriously drink like 80 plus oz of water a day and I still feel dehydrated! Has this gotten worse for you the farther along you are? I sure hope not! I love these monthly updates you give. Thanks for taking the time to do it!
You never know how big your baby will be. We pretty much have expected huge babies (I wonder why). I was 9 lbs and Brett was 10.5! However, ours have been 6 lbs 10 oz and 7 lbs 14 oz, so no need to fear. You could get any size. I am excited for you. It sounds like you will be so well prepared.
#1. You look AMAZING! I can't believe how big you have gotten (your stomach only, I might add.)
#2. I love the spreadsheet. So you. I wish I was more like that. Seriously, I think on my next baby (heaven forbid I think of that right now) I will be more organized like you. Sigh.
#3. I really miss you!!
Oh and PS, he looks just like Mitch. Seriously, I can already tell.
i love mitch's 10 lb dumbbell suggestion and you excel addiction! so smart!
Only you would create a spreadsheet. That is hilarious! The funny thing is you are going to buy all that stuff because you think you will for sure going to use it and then a couple months after the baby is born you will be wondering what you are going to do with all the stuff you never use.
Cutest and most organized MOM-TO -BE in the world! I swear we are soul sisters at heart! I know who I will be calling when i am pregnant. MIss you gorgeous.
You are SO cute and SO organized!!! We still have so much to do since we just moved. I feel light years behind you! ahhhhhh!!
I love this post. So much about it, especially the spreadsheet. Also, way to go with the protein diet and exercise. You are very inspiring! And what kind of birthing class are you taking? Are you going natural? I suppose we can address these questions via Skype :)
Still looking wonderful and amazing (no surprises there). I LOVED seeing the ultrasound picture - do I detect a hint of Mitchie in there?? He's adorable!
I am coming to you and your spreadsheet when the day of pregnancy comes in my life. You are so organized. Looking good!
Shannon! You look incredible! And what's this about you going to the gym? Oh my goodness!
wow! that little face! i've never seen an ultrasound that shows the face like that (but i haven't seen many in my day...).
love that you made a spreadsheet.
Love your excel spreadsheet!! You're looking great. I hope you can keep some energy through the rest of your pregnancy.
Shannon,
That is a remarkably cute ultrasound pic! He looks so sweet. I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment