Wednesday, October 20, 2010

11

Before I take the time to update on our Chicago trip about seeing (and meeting!) Oprah, I need to write down some thoughts about Emerson at 11 months. I want to be sure to do this before he is 1 next month. I cannot believe this kid will be 1 year-old in a couple weeks. It is crazy. How is he so old?

IMGP1549

This month I’ve really seen E’s personality change into a little boy. He wants to feed himself and climb the stairs himself and wave hello to everyone we see. He is active and mobile and so so detail-oriented. He is such a smart kid. He learns quickly and is always curious and observant. Here are some updates on Emerson:

- He says “da-da” to Mitch… I am so sad he still doesn’t call me ma-ma! Even though he can say it, he doesn’t know what it means. Whenever Mitch leaves for work in the morning or comes home, Emerson points to the stairs and says “da-da.” It is so sweet.

- He dances whenever we have kid music on or whenever I sing for him.

- He will take about 3 steps then sit down to crawl. He stands all the time on his own without holding anything, but then grabs a table or chair when he realizes he’s not holding on. It is so funny. He completely knows how to walk, but just doesn’t want to. I am praying it takes a while so I can have some time to get my house ready for him walking.

- He turns the pages for me when we read books.

- He is an amazing traveler. On our Chicago trip he was a champ—happy all day even when we were out from 9am – 9pm. He slept in his stroller, in my arms, and slept well at night in the hotel crib. Flying never bothers him and even when I find myself with a terrible headache on a plane ride, he seems to be totally happy. A much better traveler than me.

- He almost has 4 top teeth (and still 2 bottom teeth). When his top teeth were coming in he never seemed in pain and slept fine, but he would bite everything around him. It was hilarious—he’d bite my nose, elbow, my purse, the remote control—everything. And while doing it he’d make a slight growling sound.

- He loves electronics—cameras, remote controls, phones, and really anything with buttons.

- He loves to climb up and over anything. Look what I found him doing the other day—what a crazy kid!

P1060616

He loves his scooter! He runs across our living room floor with it.IMGP1510

IMGP1476

IMGP1428

He loves to take things out of drawers, my purse, baskets, etc. His favorite is our drawer with plastic cups, plates, forks, and such.IMGP1418

IMGP1622

IMGP1527

IMGP1530

He loves other kids.IMGP1594

Before one of our morning jogs.P1060626

In ChicagoP1060671

P1060639

P1060666

P1060644

We’re excited for his birthday next month and wondering what he is going to do when he has sugar for the first time. If he is anything like me, he’ll probably love it.

IMGP1672We love you crazy little guy.

4 comments:

Meg said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie.

Elizabeth said...

So cute!

I can't wait to hear about your Chicago trip. I'm going next month {with the babe} to meet up with Steven. What stroller would you suggest taking: BOB or small umbrella? I think the umbrella would be easier but he does so much better in the BOB but I'm worried about maneuvering it downtown...any advice {and pit stops for the trip} would be greatly appreciated!

Jylare Smith said...

1. love his converse
2. love the pillows on the couch
3. is he really 11 months?? what is going on!

Erin said...

He sounds just like Tyler at this age. I ended up just creating a few drawers in the kitchen he could open and pull things out of. I think all boys are natural climbers!