Tuesday, June 14, 2011

California

I had a short but awesome trip to CA this past weekend… without Emerson I felt so weirdly free. I didn’t have to pick anybody up or feed anyone else or even change a diaper! But I did miss him like crazy.

We had a blast showering Jamie and her baby boy, going to the beach, eating at yummy restaurants, and chatting all night. Jamie has one of those miracle pregnancy stories, so it makes celebrating her baby that much more amazing. Thanks Jare and Jame for letting me tag along!

P1070282

Jamie is so tiny she looks like one of those fake pregnant women—you know, the kind who really just has a basketball under her shirt.P1070279

P1070285

And guess what Mitch was doing all weekend? Keeping Emerson unbelievably happy… He took him to the water park, out to eat with little kid friends, and to a Bees game! How cute are these pictures?

IMAG0012

IMAG0011

Best part of the entire trip? After I flew home to SLC and came out of the gates, Emerson sprinted up to me from across the airport! It melted my heart. Love that little boy of mine.

4 comments:

Jylare Smith said...

ugh i look like im pregnant. and im wearing the same shirt 2 days in a row...

Shannon said...

Wait, remember how Jamie and I were commenting all weekend on how skinny you look?? We were. And you do.

elise said...

Fun! I wish you could have come longer so we could have met up. Love your red/white striped tee.

Kara said...

I don't think she's really pregnant. It's totally a basketball. You look adorable, and Mitch & E are just the cutest in their baseball hats!